Curious Kids is a centre that provides 20 Hours Early Childhood Education for three, four, and five year old children.
About 20 Hours ECE
- The purpose of 20 Hours ECE is to reduce cost barriers so more children can benefit from participation in ECE (early childhood education).
- 20 Hours ECE is a higher rate of funding based on the full average cost of providing ECE to the regulated standard.
- Under 20 Hours ECE, the government fully funds ECE for up to 6 hours a day and 20 hours per week for eligible children.
- While it is not compulsory to offer 20 Hours ECE, all licensed ECE services and kōhanga reo can offer 20 Hours ECE.
WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY FOR 20 HOURS ECE?
- Eligibility for 20 hours ECE begins on the child’s third birthday and ends on the child’s sixth birthday or when they enrol in school.
- 20hours ECE is available for up to six hours per day for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
HOW ARE FEES CHARGED?
- Curious Kids is an all day Centre, open from 7am - 6pm, fees will be charged for the days and hours when the 20 free hours are not available.
- The fees charged will only be for the hours not covered by the provision of 20 hours ECE
- Hours & Fees
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Hours requested by the parent for 20 hours ECE is included in the Enrolment Form.
- Parents will be given a form to sign for ECE hours if your child turns 3 while attending and fees will change in accordance to this.
NEED MORE INFO ON ECE?
There are a number of resources available for parents to get more info about ECE. See below for some helpful links: